USMLE Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I am done with step3 exam yesterday!!
I felt Day1 was okay, but after Day2 I felt I did Day1 much better than Day2. I think I made many mistakes in CCS and As I remember my MCqs from Day 2 It seems like I had all of them wrong!!
Coming to CCS, My cases were
1) Chronic Subdural hematoma - Pt. presented with dementia, I ordered Investigations Sent patient home and Once CT is out I consulted Neurosurgery, the case ended. Did pre-op evaluation in final orders, but didn't order Craniotomy(blunder)?
2) Pneumonia - Forgot ordering sputum investigations(blunder?)
3) CHF - Managed well
4) Urethritis - Managed well
5) Attempted Suicide- Major Depression - Managed well
6) Perforated Appendicitis - Placed consult, they said " Patient will be scheduled for the surgery, please continue with medical management" So are we really supposed to type laparotomy here?(blunder?) I did the whole pre-op evaluation.
7) DM-type 2: Managed well
8) Panic Attack: Managed well
9) Ankylosing Spondylitis: Managed Well
10) NonHodgkin's T-Cell Lymphoma: Oncology consult and case ended before I could type CHOP.(blunder?)
I don't remember the rest of the cases and I will let you guys know how much impact this will have on the result.

Second aspect: MCQs on the 2nd day, I feel like I marked them all wrong for god's sake. Does everybody feel the same? I scored 231 in UWSA 3 weeks before the exam, 440 in NBME 2 weeks before the exam and 76% in FRED software 1 week before the exam. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks :

·
Registered
282 Posts
Second aspect: MCQs on the 2nd day, I feel like I marked them all wrong for god's sake. Does everybody feel the same? I scored 231 in UWSA 3 weeks before the exam, 440 in NBME 2 weeks before the exam and 76% in FRED software 1 week before the exam. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks :
Thank you for posting your experience. Don't worry you will be just fine, according to you self-assessment scores you should be done well! Once more, would you mind to stop on materials you used? All the best in coming ERAS Season!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Congratulations on being done with all the usmle exams, wish i was in your position.

I guess you will do fine, coz ur self assesment scores were good.

Just a doubt, were step 1 subjects like anatomy tested?

·
Registered
98 Posts
I also took exam last week. Felt day 2 was more difficult. Moreover I did silly mistakes, screwed 1 case, other cases went well. Though I got 233 in UWSA, I felt like I failed :toosad:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Also though cases improved, I forgot some monitoring orders in end screen.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts