USMLE Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi friends,

I am not sure if I am posting in the right section of this forum, regarding my problem bcoz the thread I started couple of days ago is somehow not on the forum.
I desperately need some advice as to how to apply for new slot after an extension.
Do I need to cancel my existing slot first and then apply again or should I simply apply as I did the first time.
Do I have to send 186,187,344 and 345 again.
I would be really grateful, so someone can advice me regarding this issue.

Thanks...

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
You should apply to eligibility period extension in your IWA account in the ECFMG website.

If you already reserved a date with Prometric you need to cancel it.

Let me know if you have further queries

·
Registered
625 Posts
If you have already extended your slot one time, you have to reapply again and pay the fee again. Definitely cancel your date with prometric first, then, after your eligibility period runs out, you can reapply again. Unless there have been name changes or something like that along the way you shouldn't need another 186, but if you do you'll have to wait about a month to two months depending on your school to get another eligibility period. If during the process you're told that you do not need another 186, you can complete the process in a week if you pay with a credit card.

If you never extended your eligibility block, you can go on iwa and request an extension - I think it's $55 to get 3 more months. Before you do either thing though, cancel your date with prometric or else you will be charged by prometric for not showing up or canceling too late.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you have already extended your slot one time, you have to reapply again and pay the fee again. Definitely cancel your date with prometric first, then, after your eligibility period runs out, you can reapply again. Unless there have been name changes or something like that along the way you shouldn't need another 186, but if you do you'll have to wait about a month to two months depending on your school to get another eligibility period. If during the process you're told that you do not need another 186, you can complete the process in a week if you pay with a credit card.

If you never extended your eligibility block, you can go on iwa and request an extension - I think it's $55 to get 3 more months. Before you do either thing though, cancel your date with prometric or else you will be charged by prometric for not showing up or canceling too late.
Many thanks for your reply. Can you explain me why I would have to wait for another month or two if I need to sent 186 again. Is it because I have to get it signed from my medical school or there is some other reason??? Again thanks alot for clearing my doubts.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You should apply to eligibility period extension in your IWA account in the ECFMG website.

If you already reserved a date with Prometric you need to cancel it.

Let me know if you have further queries
Many thanks for your reply. I have reserved a date in my extended eligibilty period. But I won't be able to give my exam during that period. I would be really grateful if you could advice me what to do after I cancel my appointment with Prometric. Do I have to wait to end of my eligiblity period before I apply again and do I have to resent form 186, 187 ,344 and 345??

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Many thanks for your reply. I have reserved a date in my extended eligibilty period. But I won't be able to give my exam during that period. I would be really grateful if you could advice me what to do after I cancel my appointment with Prometric. Do I have to wait to end of my eligiblity period before I apply again and do I have to resent form 186, 187 ,344 and 345??
- You have to wait until your extended eligibility period finishes then apply again to the exam in IWA and you have to pay the whole ($780+) exam fees again.

- If your status did not change (like from student to graduate) and if your certificate of identification in your OASIS account says "valid" then you don't need to send those forms again.

·
Registered
46 Posts
hi

- You have to wait until your extended eligibility period finishes then apply again to the exam in IWA and you have to pay the whole ($780+) exam fees again.

- If your status did not change (like from student to graduate) and if your certificate of identification in your OASIS account says "valid" then you don't need to send those forms again.
hi am trying to extend my eligibility period....whn we cancel the appointment in prometric(mine is till dec am extending it to next yr march) can i reschedule it again with in tht previous eligibility period..if i want to as i dont want to extend the slot really ..?

whn we click the option extend eligibility period thn will it immediately give us a form tht we have to get signed or will they take one to two weeks to process it....help needed reply soon..thanks in advance

1 - 7 of 7 Posts