USMLE Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK a little about myself... Nigerian IMG graduated 2012 from a Ukrainian Medical university, Got rid of step 1 in January with a Disappointing 227, (cuz i knew i could do better) oh well moving on.

Now in Prep for Step 2 ck... Aiming for something better obviously. this time will be disappointed with anything below 240.

Plan. Anticipated time for prep : 4 months ... God willing. wanna do things differently this time.. for step one i didn't read extensively just relied on FA and questions so this time I'm changing strategy...

1) Have a Read of all kaplan step 2ck notes together with step 2ck
lecture videos at least once.

2)MTB step 2ck internal medicine MTB step 3 OB GYN, Peado, and Surgery at least twice still referring to kaplan notes from time to time. + Doing these along with kaplan qbank.

3) Read Girl interrupted UW Notes a couple of times

4) UW UW UW UW UW UW UW UW UW UW UW UW UW UW UW UW ........ :):):):)

5)Take an NBME...

6) Study some more ..

7) Take UW self assesment...

8) Sit for exam :D:D:D:D

i'm hoping this plan works out well... I'm makng this diary to keep myself on the GO.... I Hope i get supporters and motivators here... i wish you all sucess in your prep as well.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK SO TODAY I'M GOING THRU mtb step 2ck internal medicine... bcoz i ordered kaplan books and videos but not here yet.. don't wanna b idle.. i must say a lot of step 1 stuff here.. makes it easier to finish quickly cuz i can skip all the stuff i already knew from step 1. :)

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
been a litte lazy and occupied... gone thru the first part infectious diseases in mtb...mildly..

Just got step 2 ck videos 2day so i'll be watching them...
haven't got the kaplan books yet.. ordered them still waiting..
a friend handed me step up to 2ck.... but don't think i'll be using it much cuzi hear it's not all that..... i like their charts though.. :notsure:

·
Registered
514 Posts
Study

Good luck on your prep.......I watched the kaplan videos but found out that I cant remember 98% from it.A waste of time if you have done step 1 before that( except for obs and gyn videos).

·
Registered
514 Posts
CK

I diddnt read books other than First aid after the relavant chapters in the kaplan videos.After the videos I did Uworld. Since my u world average was low I stopped Uworld and Im now re reading Fristaid.

The kaplan vidoes are good for a person who has not been in touch with medicine for a long time in my opinion. Hope others can correct me if Im wrong.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I diddnt read books other than First aid after the relavant chapters in the kaplan videos.After the videos I did Uworld. Since my u world average was low I stopped Uworld and Im now re reading Fristaid.

The kaplan vidoes are good for a person who has not been in touch with medicine for a long time in my opinion. Hope others can correct me if Im wrong.
I Just think i''l be missing something big if i don't do the kaplan books at least Once owing to what i see in forums even pple who killed step 1 and started prep immediately after used Kaplan and their scores really showed the dfference. I hear a lot that first aid is not a Good book. I think you should consider MTB.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ok Got the kaplan books. already gone thru some videos on cardio... now doing kaplan cardio.. i beleive it's comprehensive but taking me a long time to finish... owing to laziness hahaha .... anyways, hoping to pick up speed eventually.:cool:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts