USMLE Forums banner

Dr. Rendon CS review course

8K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  jackthh 
#1 ·
Anybody tried this course? For CS prep?

#4 ·
Hi guys, I posted this thread to get some feedbacks regarding the Dr. Rendon review course, and since I haven't had any and I was running out of time, I did not push through with this course. Instead, I attended Gold USMLE review course in Houston, TX for 3 days. The course helped me boost my confidence. But before going to any review course, I strongly suggest that you should finish reading FA atleast once. Anyway, having read the FA once and attended the live review course made me realize my weaknesses, which is the differentials diagnosis and diagnostics studies. I rescheduled my exam a week more from my original exam schedule to polish on my weaknesses. Aside from FA and the live review course, I also found somebody to study with together, which was very essential for the prep. We practiced live everyday for 10 days before our exam which is a day apart. We both pass the exam. So this is what I did for my CS prep: FA + live course + live practice partner. Good luck.

#5 ·
I went to Dr. Rendon's course and I passed the exam. For me Step 2 CS was a difficult exam. I am in radiology residency in my country and my native language is not English. My step 1 is 249 and step 2 ck is 240. I did not study much to CS exam. I studied 2 weeks. First I tried to study FA but I wasn't able to study up the minicases. Then I went to Dr. Rendon's course 3 days in four days. He really helped me to understand my mistakes about communication with patient and physical exam. We practiced 15-20 different cases with two different SPs. He did everything to make me pass my exam. When I got the exam I haven't even studied the half of the cases in the FA. So I can say, Dr. Rendon made me pass :).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.