USMLE Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I am so pissed off...I was recently told that my credentials form was incomplete so they sent it again...it has still not reached my school.. I hope its not misplaced... I'll be devastated....I am trying to prepare for step3 all this is consuming my time and energy....

Coming to the point...how is this going to affect my number of interview calls??? I may not be certified by September but I hope to get it before interviews start...........

·
Registered
187 Posts
Don't worry, I think that in a way this is a "standard" procedure of ECFMG concerning IMG's, in order to secure the status of each applicant. It took almost one year and a half for my credentials to be verified. Nevertheless, be wise and contact the pertinent secretariat of your school. This will probably focus on the exact matter of interest and save you time, money and energy in the long run.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't worry, I think that in a way this is a "standard" procedure of ECFMG concerning IMG's, in order to secure the status of each applicant. It took almost one year and a half for my credentials to be verified. Nevertheless, be wise and contact the pertinent secretariat of your school. This will probably focus on the exact matter of interest and save you time, money and energy in the long run.
Yes I am calling the officials in my school... as I stay in US I can't go there and keep a track... but have told my uncle to do so.....in the earlier for they didn't affix a college seal neither did they send transcripts .... so I'll make it a point that they fill the form as done before and rectify the mistakes.....

·
Ex-USMLE Forums Staff
753 Posts
Step 3 is beyong the ECFMG certificate

Hi guys I am so pissed off...I was recently told that my credentials form was incomplete so they sent it again...it has still not reached my school.. I hope its not misplaced... I'll be devastated....I am trying to prepare for step3 all this is consuming my time and energy....

Coming to the point...how is this going to affect my number of interview calls??? I may not be certified by September but I hope to get it before interviews start...........
If you are planning on Step 3 exam then it means that you are already ECFMG certified. Did they revoke your ECFMG certificate!
If you still have a valid ECFMG certificate then your chances in the interview are pretty good.
By September you'll probably have taken Step 3 and by then your results will be uploaded automatically in ERAS.
Although very remote possibility, but even if you did go to an interview before the Step 3 results are out then you can simply tell them that you are awaiting the results and they'll for sure ask you to contact them again when the results are out.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hey

If you are planning on Step 3 exam then it means that you are already ECFMG certified. Did they revoke your ECFMG certificate!
If you still have a valid ECFMG certificate then your chances in the interview are pretty good.
By September you'll probably have taken Step 3 and by then your results will be uploaded automatically in ERAS.
Although very remote possibility, but even if you did go to an interview before the Step 3 results are out then you can simply tell them that you are awaiting the results and they'll for sure ask you to contact them again when the results are out.
no i dont hav a certificate but i was suppose to get my credentials verified in may...but the application was incomplete....n i m getting my cs results sometime after 16th june.......then on 12th may ecfmg bombed me with the news tht they resent the forms back to my school.....so at the moment step 3 is stand by...i need to get those docs back to ecfmg on time.....so i was wondering whether i'll be certified by 1st sept...coz i'll be def be ready by actual interview season.....btw i dont need visa,hav a green card...but i dont want to wait for step 3.....so i m givin it asap i m certified.....just pray for me

·
Ex-USMLE Forums Staff
753 Posts
Then it's not mandatory

no i dont hav a certificate but i was suppose to get my credentials verified in may...but the application was incomplete....n i m getting my cs results sometime after 16th june.......then on 12th may ecfmg bombed me with the news tht they resent the forms back to my school.....so at the moment step 3 is stand by...i need to get those docs back to ecfmg on time.....so i was wondering whether i'll be certified by 1st sept...coz i'll be def be ready by actual interview season.....btw i dont need visa,hav a green card...but i dont want to wait for step 3.....so i m givin it asap i m certified.....just pray for me
Wishing you good luck and we'll pray for you.
But I want to remind you that since you have a Visa then Step 3 is not mandatory and it will not increase your chances tremendously.
In fact, I suggest you leave it to after the match so that by then you don't need to get high scores.
The exception of this, is when you have low scores in Step 1 and CK then you might want to rectify that with a high Step 3 score right now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts