USMLE Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

I am an IMG hoping to write my Step 1 in a few months. I have got my USMLE Identification Number. So as I am trying to apply for the Online ECFMG portion, but I have reached the point of the application where they ask about the diploma. I just finished college on July 2015. There is still a hold up in college to give the transcript, let alone the diploma. I know I just need a letter from the college stating when the diploma will be issued. College is stating that unless we get a transcript from the university, we can't issue anything.

So my question is, what should I do in the mean time to speed up the application process, or get out of the way, while I wait for my college to send the needful.

What is the best course of action, so that I can apply for the exam.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Hello Everyone,

I am an IMG hoping to write my Step 1 in a few months. I have got my USMLE Identification Number. So as I am trying to apply for the Online ECFMG portion, but I have reached the point of the application where they ask about the diploma. I just finished college on July 2015. There is still a hold up in college to give the transcript, let alone the diploma. I know I just need a letter from the college stating when the diploma will be issued. College is stating that unless we get a transcript from the university, we can't issue anything.

So my question is, what should I do in the mean time to speed up the application process, or get out of the way, while I wait for my college to send the needful.

What is the best course of action, so that I can apply for the exam.
Will be in the same situation soon. Sounds like the administrative stuff in your college is a pain in the arse (just like mine!) :))
Called up ECFMG; they are saying the same things. Either send the diploma or document saying you have completed the requirements for graduation and diploma will be issued on so and so expected date. (which the college won't give because they haven't done it before! *lame*). Sadly doesn't look like we can do a lot but wait for the diploma to be issued. Maybe find someone who works at the university and try to speed up the process?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts