USMLE Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to know if I should pay any fee to get form 186,or there are any fees for registration & verification my documents, other than exam fees.

If there is , how much would it be?

Thank you

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Verification is without fees

No there are no fees to get any form from ECFMG.

Verification of Medical Credentials does not include any fees, except of course what you have to pay if any translation needed.

It's only the exam fees that you have to pay.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Yes you are right

but you do need to pay to get form 186 and also to get your credentials verified?
We have noticed two versions for ECFMG applicants.
Some are allowed to apply before credentials verification, of course they have to pay for the exam fees before getting Form 186.
Some are not allowed to apply before credentials verification.

·
Banned
55 Posts
how much is the payment

We have noticed two versions for ECFMG applicants.
Some are allowed to apply before credentials verification, of course they have to pay for the exam fees before getting Form 186.
Some are not allowed to apply before credentials verification.
yes thats right..i was asked to pay before getting the credentials verified ...and also asked for my eligibility peroid...now my 2 q's are
1) how much is this payment(since i did not complete the online process as yet)??
2) how much time needed for the whole process so that i know what eligibility period to put down???...after how many months should i put the eligibility period?????:scared::scared::eek:

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
1) how much is this payment (since i did not complete the online process as yet)??
Step 1 and CK Fees are $780 + surcharges depending on the country you'll take the exam in. for more details check this page
http://www.ecfmg.org/fees.html

2) how much time needed for the whole process so that i know what eligibility period to put down???...after how many months should i put the eligibility period?????:scared::scared::eek:
Time varies between two weeks up to three months, It depends on your college speed in responding and whether there will be errors/rejections ...etc
You should decide your eligibility period not only according to the expected processing time but also according to when you think you'll be ready for the exam.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts