USMLE Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to register for USMLE step 2 CK but i think there is problem in my name : in my diploma certificate my full name like this ( Fatah-allah Ahmed Dafa- Allah Alaibaid), while in the passport the first name is (Fatah allah) and the last name is (Dafa allah ) . So i need to ask that i have to register as in diploma certificate with last name(Alaibied) ? or as in the passport with last name (Dafa allah)?
please help

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
You must unify your name in both your passport and Diploma
Call your medical school and work with them to change the name in your Diploma and make it exactly match your Passport.
Or change your passport name to match your Diploma, if this is easier :)

You will have problems with ECFMG if your name is not matching in all your documents.

During the exam they'll ask you to show an ID. If you show them a passport with a different name than what you registered with them. They will not let you sit the exam. It happened with my friend so take it seriously.

Even a minor difference such as (Fatah-allah and Fatah allah) will not be accepted.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks , now I want to ask if my name (in Arabic language ) is similar in both diploma and passport it will help me?? or only they concerned with the name in English language?

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
thanks , now I want to ask if my name (in Arabic language ) is similar in both diploma and passport it will help me?? or only they concerned with the name in English language?
No, of course the ECFMG will not read any document not in English. They want you to translate any non-English document.

·
Registered
3 Posts
HI

I will be applying on-line for step1 nest week.I have a question on how to fill up the "other name filled",would it include my first name and middle name? or my first name and middle initial only? I have another question, I was married last april, so i am bearing my husband's surname in my passport right now...if the ecfmg will verify my credentials in my med school, what other document would they ask since my med diploma bears my name when i was still single?Please guide me on this...thank you...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Test date

I want to apply for step 1 but I do not know when I can be ready for the test. Is it essential to choose the exact test date or not?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.