USMLE Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I have found one guy who told me that electives are at doctor's hospital not at university and it's okay type. If u can get electives at other places where they have residency spots better go for that place. If u have no options fiu is okay

·
Registered
80 Posts
Yeah I have found one guy who told me that electives are at doctor's hospital not at university and it's okay type. If u can get electives at other places where they have residency spots better go for that place. If u have no options fiu is okay
Hey thanks for replying. What do you mean by "doctor's hospital?" I understand that FIU is affiliated with community hospitals that I looked up online, however those hospitals do actually have residency programs. I guess it depends what elective you choose? It clearly says in the elective descriptions that some rotations take place in outpatient offices and others at hospitals. My information states that the rotation will take place at hospitals only. I hope this is true. I was thinking of applying to Cornell and Harvard but the tuition fees are absurd and anyone can get a paid letter from Harvard, let's be honest. You are not doing a rotation at "HARVARD", you are doing a rotation at one of the affiliated hospitals. Looking forward to more discussion with you, have a good day! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts