Hi I got accepted for end of Jan-march as well, and I wished to take cs by end of april. Can I have your contact pls.Im also coming for my electives from jan-mar and taking my cs in april. need a study partner.
I have applied for housing at the school real estate department
Hi you have a good chance of being accepted if you send in your complete application early enough. I think it does not matter whether you have step 1 or not.hi friends.what are the chances of acceptance at mount sinai when someone applies 7.5-8 months before the elective starting date?at that time the department where i wanted to apply told me that they had slots for my months but don't know will they be filled till my app is reviewed.
1) no only F1 is accepted. I have B1/B2 multiple entry as well but I entered with my F1 visaI want to apply for a month long elective at Mount sinai. I have few questions,
1) Website states that only F1 visa is accepted. HAs anyone done an elective there with B1/B2 visa instead?
2) Which electives are open to foregin medical students?
3) is toefl required although english was the medium of instruction in medical school?
Thanks so much. Any idea, how many Indian students does Mount Sinai take? How is an elective at Mount Sinai regarded in terms of value to the CV?To answer your questions,
1) it all depends on how your "Dean's letter" gonna put it. As long as the word "final/penultimate" year is mentioned, Mount Sinai side could not care less about this. By right, the last 2 years of medical school in India are 8,9 Semesters and internship year.
2) I don't think there is a cut off for Basic science exam scores. It's on first come first serve basis.
3) Again it depends on your college. My college (Manipal) gives 1 month attendance for students who go for elective during 8th Sem.
Hi soulmate. I'm going to apply to mount sinai but I'm going to have to apply 6 months in advance to the start date as compared to their instructions of applying 8 months earlier. Do you think that would pose a problem ? Kindly reply I really need help on this. Thank youyes you are right. Just tell the embassy that you are coming as a visiting student and so F1 visa is needed. they wont cancel your B1/B2. With the right documentation getting a F1 visa is easy.
every year they say this thingsI read recently that 2015 is turning point for IMGs in the USA since the number of US med students exceeds spots available for residencies. Therefore it will become very tough for IMGs. Any thoughts on this? How attractive is US going to be for Indians now? Should we look at other countries,and plan electives in those other countries?