USMLE Forums banner
1 - 20 of 159 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
fiu april elective

hey can anyone share their experience at fiu??even the accomodation details if possible??i am an img.i have been accepted for a cardiology elective for month of april.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi, I am an IMG and I will have internal medicine electives in Herbert wertheim college in May and June. Can anyone tell me how the program is like and Is anybody:)):)) there in May and June? Maybe we can share accommodation together.

·
Registered
27 Posts
hey can anyone share their experience at fiu??even the accomodation details if possible??i am an img.i have been accepted for a cardiology elective for month of april.
can you please tell me before how many months did you apply there ?
i want to apply for July-august period so can i apply now ?
Please reply ASAP. Thank you.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi, I am an IMG and I will have internal medicine electives in Herbert wertheim college in May and June. Can anyone tell me how the program is like and Is anybody:)):)) there in May and June? Maybe we can share accommodation together.
Could you please tell us how you applied to the observer program? All I found was a visiting student program. Your help is appreciated!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hey everyone, I've seen a few posts about FIU electives and people searching for housing and such, but no one ever returns to share their experiences! Please, if you have the time share a brief summary about electives at FIU HWCM.

Thanks! :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hi! I will be applying for electives at HWCOM for Jan-March 2017.
I need help with the documents that need to be submitted. I tried emailing their office several times but ....
Their guidelines state that they need only your CV, Application form, Transcript, application fee receipt and a rotation agreement form.
Then their application form states that we need to attach our immunization records, malpractice insurance and health insurance proof and a security check. SO should I send all of that together?

Anyone who has rotated there, please help me with this....I'd realllyyy appreciate it.
Also how hard is it to get in? It's one of the veeeery few places that don't need step1 and I want to know my chances :/

·
Registered
205 Posts
Hi! I will be applying for electives at HWCOM for Jan-March 2017.
I need help with the documents that need to be submitted. I tried emailing their office several times but ....
Their guidelines state that they need only your CV, Application form, Transcript, application fee receipt and a rotation agreement form.
Then their application form states that we need to attach our immunization records, malpractice insurance and health insurance proof and a security check. SO should I send all of that together?

Anyone who has rotated there, please help me with this....I'd realllyyy appreciate it.
Also how hard is it to get in? It's one of the veeeery few places that don't need step1 and I want to know my chances :/
Follow the instructions mentioned on the Application form. You can provide health and malpractice insurance proof after confirmation too.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Follow the instructions mentioned on the Application form. You can provide health and malpractice insurance proof after confirmation too.
So I just mail them my CV, completed Application form, Dean's letter, Transcript and the fee receipt? That's it? I'm kind of wary about this because I'm applying at 3 different places and the money that i'll be blowing on the application fee itself scares me. I'm applying at UAB, FIU and Cornell...

Did you do an elective at HWCOM? I'd love it if you could share your experience :)

Thanks so much!

·
Registered
72 Posts
FIU experience?

Hi
Please share your experiences at FIU electives because there's one thread on this forum that says that the rotations are okay and not that good. I'd really appreciate if someone had feedback regarding HWCOM's electives....

1 - 20 of 159 Posts