USMLE Forums banner
121 - 140 of 159 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hello!
I have my elective at West palm beach, Miami, Florida in the month of April 2017. I am looking for a female room partner for accomodation near the hospital. Please contact me if you are interested.
Thank you!

·
Registered
1 Posts
FIU from April to June.

Hello,
I have my rotation at FIU from April to June, 2017. I am looking for a female partner to share the accomodation during the said period. If anyone is willing to, please do let me know. Thanks all.

·
Registered
2 Posts
LOR

have heard very bad new of FIU sending all to clinic when promise hospital. same with LoR on clinic letteringhead, this is not good news!
Hi Senida, in response to your LOR question, I also had same concern so i dropped an email and got this response:

The letters of recommendation from your preceptor will have their clinic or hospital's letterhead. In addition, you will receive a letter, signed by our associate dean, in which it is confirmed the doctor's name and specialty completed. This letter will have FIU letterhead.

The reason why the doctors cannot use the FIU's letterhead is because they are not here full time.

When the time to apply for residency comes, we will upload the recommendation letter and completion letter (all in one document). This is the format we have been uploading the letters to ERAS and have not experienced any problems.

i think this is not bad, we will get learning experience as well as LOR at proper time. So, don't worry :)

PS i have been accepted there for rotation for the month of March in Internal medicine

·
Registered
2 Posts
malpractice coverage

Hi guys,

apologies if any such thread already exists. but i was meaning to know if any one of you has applied for malpractice coverage for FIU. I have googled various options but most of them offer policy for one year minimum, and those who do offer for a month are also pretty expensive. I need to drop in my documents well within time but this malpractice thing is consuming a lot of time :/. Any kind of help will be appreciated.

thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
i m confused

Got selected at FIU for Cardiology and Emergency Medicine in the months of February and March 2017. Anyone else there during that period?
Also, has anyone cancelled their elective in the past? If so, how much of the tuition fee was returned?
hey i emailed them but i m not getting a reply back...
can u please tell me which documents u submitted with ur application..

thank you so much

·
Registered
15 Posts
I am applying to FIU round about the same time you are applying. I sent in my application just today. I called up their office about the discrepancies about the documents to be submitted. The lady I spoke to, sent me an Email regarding the guidlines for application. It contains the details of the documents to be sent at the time of application and the documents to be sent after getting accepted.

I sent in all the documents you mentioned, except for the malpractice insurance and health insurance. And when they say immunization records, they mean the titres.

A few of my friends just got back from their rotation at FIU. They seem to think it is fairly easy to get in, but I am not very sure.

By the way, have you figured out your accommodation in Florida?
Hey can u please forward those emails to me at [email protected]?
i seem to have the same confusion..

also.. where is their electives list? i cant seem to find that on the web..

best,
Aarti

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hey Guys!

I have been accepted to FIU for a 2-month period of elective rotations from Jan-Feb 2017. If anybody has been accepted for the same time period and is still looking for partners for accomodation please contact me on aniketk94 at the rate (coz they dont allow you to post email ids in your first post) gmail.com
Hey Aniket, How is the rotation experience?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys! Bumping up this old thread.. Anybody wanna share their elective experience at FIU? I've been accepted for electives in Radiology in June and am looking for a female flatmate.. Contact me on my email if interested: [email protected](dot)com
To book accomodation, is it better to wait for clinical site allocation 2 weeks before the (alarmingly close) start date or not?
Also, about the drug screen, are we supposed to get it done in the US or can we get it done in our home country and send the report instead?
Thanks! Would love to hear back.. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
book room after the site is given and high possibility that they will chane the site ..it happened in my case

miami transport not good
FIU many spanish speaking so that will be an issue
Doctors are great
radiology i have no idea how it is
cardio is ok ok
LOR is guranteed
no you need to drug screening when in usa anytime during ur rotations not big deal
if fail wont be given completion certificate
criminal check order from any country

·
Registered
59 Posts
book room after the site is given and high possibility that they will chane the site ..it happened in my case

miami transport not good
Doctors are great
cardio is ok ok
LOR is guranteed
no you need to drug screening when in usa anytime during ur rotations not big deal
Hi Shreya,
I have few concerns about what you said? regarding the Spanish and the transport isn't good.
can you elaborte on that. Are the people cranky there, since we don't know the language.
So what kind of transport we can use?
and how much will be the expenses around?
Do we get any weekend off or any time free?

Waiting eagerly for the reply
Thank you.

·
Registered
33 Posts

miami transport not good
Doctors are great
cardio is ok ok
LOR is guranteed
Hi shreya
Thank you for sharing your experience.
I will be doing my rotation in August.
Regarding Criminal background check, can we submit the one we get in our home country or should we complete it through the website they mentioned "fiucompliance.com" ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi shreya
Thank you for sharing your experience.
I will be doing my rotation in August.
Regarding Criminal background check, can we submit the one we get in our home country or should we complete it through the website they mentioned "fiucompliance.com" ?
hi Rowena,
You need to order the background check thru the website they mentioned (fiucompliance.com) and pay the fee, it should be completed in a couple days max

121 - 140 of 159 Posts