USMLE Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow...Mondoshawan! you got it!... I know you knew it. Can you tell me what abnormal activity is going on in the cell! i mean something unwanted thing is happening.... can you identify it?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Wow...Mondoshawan! you got it!... I know you knew it. Can you tell me what abnormal activity is going on in the cell! i mean something unwanted thing is happening.... can you identify it?
Too many rough endoplasmic reticulum; too much antibody synthesis. One more clue is clock-face heterochromatin; aligned around the periphery of the nucleus.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Too many rough endoplasmic reticulum; too much antibody synthesis. One more clue is clock-face heterochromatin; aligned around the periphery of the nucleus.
Yes you are correct...

There are too many RER doing overtime, producing immunoglobulin proteins and antibodies.

Dr.Goljan mentioned on his audio lecture about this electron microscopic picture of an abnormal plasma cell. This is a typical EM plasma cell you'll see in multiple myeloma pt. He also mentioned about the AL type amyloidosis on EM, but I couldn't find any slides on the net.

Anyway, for the exam, you should b familiar with EM, LM and Fluorescent slides.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts