USMLE Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I need some help with my elig period.
I chose DEC-FEB but my application will be probably not processed till DEC 25th and I need to do step 1 by 20-25 JAN. With that in mind, if my app is not processed by dec 25th i will have to send another form 183, and that would take time to get in the US and be processed. I thought about extending my eligibility period. If i extend it, time i have for it to be processed by ecfmg will increase, right? But, can I do the test in the time of my elig period ( January) or only in the extended time ( after february) ?
I'm really concerned about it and i'd appreciate any help.
Thanks

·
Registered
300 Posts
Hey guys,
I need some help with my elig period.
I chose DEC-FEB but my application will be probably not processed till DEC 25th and I need to do step 1 by 20-25 JAN. With that in mind, if my app is not processed by dec 25th i will have to send another form 183, and that would take time to get in the US and be processed. I thought about extending my eligibility period. If i extend it, time i have for it to be processed by ecfmg will increase, right? But, can I do the test in the time of my elig period ( January) or only in the extended time ( after february) ?
I'm really concerned about it and i'd appreciate any help.
Thanks
This is from IWA, "ECFMG must receive the on-line part of your application, the Certification of Identification Form (Form 186) or Certification Statement (Form 183), and any other documents required to complete your application by the 24th day of that eligibility period, and the processing of your application must be completed by the 25th day of that eligibility period."
"If your application is not processed in time to assign the eligibility period you select, you will be assigned to the next available eligibility period, based on the date your application is processed. "

If your application is not processed by December 25th, then you will be given the next eligibility period, that is Jan-Feb-March. You do not have to send another form again.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts