USMLE Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So if have passed the first year by 3 attempts by failing and not by throwing out or some other such things i'm eligible to take the exam??

·
Registered
163 Posts
If you are a student/graduate from an accepted med school, it doesn't really matter.
Anyway, the main problem is not the eligibility for the test. Your school transcript goes with you on your residency application and 3 failed attempts don't look very appealing. You can compensate with very good Step 1 & Step 2 scores though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Our college doesn't have a full batch of students as it is a new college and is not yet registered under the international list of colleges
Will it get registered after it gets all the batches??

·
Registered
163 Posts
Our college doesn't have a full batch of students as it is a new college and is not yet registered under the international list of colleges
Will it get registered after it gets all the batches??
I cannot answer this question, because I have no idea about that process. Sorry.
Maybe ask at your school?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Which college is this?
Ask your college to get themselves registered as soon as possible.
You need good scores on your USMLE. You do that and your medical school performance won't matter as much.
Medical school exams are nothing difficulty wise, when compared to the USMLE. So if you want to make it into US residency you seriously need to get your **** together.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts