1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,plz guys i need help

i scored 88% in qbank i.e,88% correct answers
i scored 81% in uworld i.e, 81% correct answers
i scored 245/99 in usmle practice test
but
when i took nbme form 6 i got 213/86
guys wht to do i am vry depressed why my score in nbme was good i have exam on 21 oct wht should i do

thnx

·
Registered
752 Posts
This is strange. Your scores in the banks are very high. You should easily score 99 on the NBME. :notsure::notsure:

I'd say take another NBME, but search the forums about what form is the best estimator. May be fellow users might help you with this in the following replies.

·
Registered
625 Posts
hi,plz guys i need help

but
guys wht to do i am vry depressed why my score in nbme was good i have exam on 21 oct wht should i do

thnx
Those qbank scores are fine - just calm down, relax, and do another NBME after doing some random timed blocks in UWor if you've completed the whole bank then maybe consult. You've still got 3 weeks and you'll be able to pick up the balance by that time. I'm sure of it. Keep at it! Good luck!
:)

·
Registered
365 Posts
If your nbme is that low, trust me, push back your date.
You need to hit the qbanks, including kaplan, usmleworld and usmlerx more.

You can solve this, but it will take some time. continue to do questions and do lots. I think you need to overload on questions for a couple weeks, to get your mind in the 8 hour onset.

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
hi,plz guys i need help

but

thnx
Do another NBME, you must have been out of your mind when you did the form 6 :p

·
Registered
27 Posts
Do another NBME

You should definitely take another NBME. Form 7 is the best I guess (I'll take it myself in 2 weeks time)

something must have been wrong while you were taking form 6... you didn't have a good night's sleep I imagine. Don't panic.
If the other form gives you a similar score then you should push the exam back and review the weaknesses. 2 weeks will be just fine.

please let us know what you decide and what's your new score

Best of luck.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Take a couple of NBMEs (try 7 and 5) and see how they go. The NBMEs are usually decent at predicting your actual scores. Were you nervous/stressed when you were doing form 6? Pressure/stress may have had something to do with the lower than expected score. Try to be on your best while doing the NBMEs and treat it like the real test.

Good luck!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts