USMLE Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are some Ideas for "things to write" on the dry erase board on exam day? I'm trying to gather this as well, so I can have some idea of what I want to write on the board on exam day.......help is much appreciated! :D

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Here's how you use it

• You can use it to draw the 2X2 table when calculating epidemiology questions.
  • You can use it to write down your CIN number so that you can log in again to Fred when you come back from breaks.
  • You can use it to jot down some ideas to answer difficult questions like for example drawing a simple diagram to visualize in your mind the pituitary thyroid axis.

Important; you don't need it for calculations because there's a calculator

·
Registered
365 Posts
What are some Ideas for "things to write" on the dry erase board on exam day? I'm trying to gather this as well, so I can have some idea of what I want to write on the board on exam day.......help is much appreciated! :D
You have to write your CIN number on it.

Then, I put some mnemonics and wrote the algs for Gram + and -'ve and the biochem pathways. It was all filled in. I did it before I started my exam to calm me down. Also filled in the lysosomal and glucose charts. When the mind is racing that seemed like the hardest recall for me.

·
Ex-USMLE Forums Staff
753 Posts
So what's the deal with dry erase boards? Havent heard of anything about dry erase boards before.

Thanks
@ Prometric Center they'll provide you with a one or two laminated note boards, two dry erase markers, and one eraser. You can jot your notes in it during the exam. You can't take it with you outside the examination area when your exam finished.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Just keep it for calculations, drawing diagrams,...etc i.e. stuff to help you remember. It helps a lot.

·
Registered
116 Posts
You have to write your CIN number on it.

Then, I put some mnemonics and wrote the algs for Gram + and -'ve and the biochem pathways. It was all filled in. I did it before I started my exam to calm me down. Also filled in the lysosomal and glucose charts. When the mind is racing that seemed like the hardest recall for me.
how long did you take to write these out? Can you take your own sweet time? I always tend to think, that they might get "suspicious" . Did you take the test in US? I think personally it would really help me too..

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Don't listen to that

how long did you take to write these out? Can you take your own sweet time? I always tend to think, that they might get "suspicious" . Did you take the test in US? I think personally it would really help me too..
Am sorry to tell that there no such a "nice story" as Peewee pointed out.
You don't have time to do that.
The exam is measured in seconds, if you waste your time writing on that board (you need at least 5-10 minutes) then you will be screwed and you won't finish in time.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Am sorry to tell that there no such a "nice story" as Peewee pointed out.
You don't have time to do that.
The exam is measured in seconds, if you waste your time writing on that board (you need at least 5-10 minutes) then you will be screwed and you won't finish in time.
hmm no, He did it "before" his exam started. Which is totally ok to do, the timer is not on before you have officially begun your test.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts