USMLE Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was under impression, that my first package of documents must include the original transcript and it's translation
(together with the two copies of original diploma and it's translation, verified by school official, form186, 344, 345).

So then ECGMG after receiving it will send a verification form back to school, so the school will send.. the same original transcript? And Translation?

My school told me that it takes 30 days! for the letter from ECFMG to get to Moscow and about the same time for the response.

Insane, if you ask me! is there ANY way to expedite this process?

Thank you in advance

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Use FedEx

Medical School Transcript and Form 186 are sent from your medical school to ECFMG, you should not send them to ECFMG.

As for how to expedite the process, there's one way.

Create an account with FedEx, then call ECFMG and ask them to use your FedEx account number to send the documents.

You do the same with your medical school, tell them to use your FedEx account number.

This way you can significantly decrease the time needed for mailing your documents back and forth.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
186 and transcript

Medical School Transcript and Form 186 are sent from your medical school to ECFMG, you should not send them to ECFMG.

As for how to expedite the process, there's one way.

Create an account with FedEx, then call ECFMG and ask them to use your FedEx account number to send the documents.

You do the same with your medical school, tell them to use your FedEx account number.

This way you can significantly decrease the time needed for mailing your documents back and forth.
thank you so much for the fedEx idea. brilliant!

as for transcript and 186.
Form 186 has to go together at first together with my diploma, copies and 344 and that what I am sending.. then the ECFMG will send back request for my transcript and verification and all that stuff and then the school will send my transcript and its translation back to ECFMG?
because you said 186 and transcript has to together and this is not what I understood from the booklet

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
thank you so much for the fedEx idea. brilliant!

as for transcript and 186.
Form 186 has to go together at first together with my diploma, copies and 344 and that what I am sending.. then the ECFMG will send back request for my transcript and verification and all that stuff and then the school will send my transcript and its translation back to ECFMG?
because you said 186 and transcript has to together and this is not what I understood from the booklet
About Form 186:
My understanding is that you sign Form 186 by notary public and send it to medical school then the medical school sign it and send it back to ECFMG.

About Transcript:
My undestanding is that you send the Diploma only to ECFMG, then the ECFMG will send forms to medical school requesting the transcript and then your medical school should send them back the transcript.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
actually, my school said that I have to come to their office, bring the form 186 and they will stamp and verify:my name, signature, photo and me. And I don't have to verify at notary official office.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
actually, my school said that I have to come to their office, bring the form 186 and they will stamp and verify:my name, signature, photo and me. And I don't have to verify at notary official office.
That can be possible also. As I mentioned here about the types of Form 186.
But the point is ... it's your school that sends Form 186 to ECFMG, not you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts