USMLE Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi there
so i finish the online part of application to step 1 exam now i am in the offline part where i have to send the forms to ecfmg

so if i want to extend the eligibility period or even choose another eligibility period how much will it cost me putting in mind that i didnt yet finish the offline part which is sending the forms

and if so how can i do it (extend or choose a new eligibility period)

where in the ECFMG site?

thanks

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
hii
u cant extend ur eligibility period until ecfmg receive form 186 and verified ur status or

The eligibility period assigned to you for this exam may be different from the one you selected on your application for one of the following reasons:

- If you selected an eligibility period that has already begun and your application was not processed in time to assign the eligibility period you selected, you have been assigned the next eligibility period.

and
If you cannot take a Step during your assigned three-month eligibility period, you may request an extension. There is a fee for this service. You may request an extension on-line using ECFMG's Interactive Web Application (IWA) or by submitting to ECFMG a completed Request to Extend a USMLE Step 1 / Step 2 CK Eligibility Period (Form 176). For information, access IWA or Form 176 on the ECFMG website.

read this

http://www.usmle-forums.com/ecfmg-forum/1116-how-do-i-change-my-eligibility-period.html

1 - 2 of 2 Posts