USMLE Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please someone answer this,

If someone wants to extend their eligibility period do they have to go through the process of Verification of the forms and the med school has to verify status through web portal again?

That's what I was told by ECFMG, but maybe i misunderstood them??

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
No you don't need to

Once you have your scheduling permit then you are done with the forms and ECFMG verification and you don't need to redo it if you want to extend.

The only exception to that is when your status changes from medical student to graduate at that time you have to redo the registration again.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just called ECFMG and they made clear that in order to extend your eligibility period, the process requires that they have your med school verify once more through the online portal. :eek:

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Did you apply as a medical student?

I just called ECFMG and they made clear that in order to extend your eligibility period, the process requires that they have your med school verify once more through the online portal. :eek:
You must have applied as a medical student and they want to make sure that you are still a medical student. Am I right?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
whooa...I'm also thinking the same. I've had my Identification Form 186 verified and accepted, and my medical school verified me via the online portal. I also scheduled my exam and received a permit. However it does say something along the lines of Medical education credentials received and verification is pending. I believe that is associated with Form 327-A.

By the way I did all these documents away from my med as a graduate.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi had a question regarding eligibility extension

Once you have your scheduling permit then you are done with the forms and ECFMG verification and you don't need to redo it if you want to extend.

The only exception to that is when your status changes from medical student to graduate at that time you have to redo the registration again.
My eligibility period for step 1 ends by 31st july, my exam was scheduled for 25th of july but I called the prometric and cancelled my appointment and paid a fee for reinstatement today.they charged me $50 and then I logged on to ECFMG-IWA and completed a request for eligibility extension.It said if my request is not processed before 27th of July it will be rejected but then 26th is the last date available of my triad.What does that mean?Also I am IMG and my form 186 is valid.I am really anxious.Can someone advise???
:scared:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts