USMLE Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

i hav extended my eligibility once it ends march 31st,am an old img havent prepared as we shifted to us recently.can i extend it second time,the information i got is no,will i loose my money ??is thr anyway i can extend

plz let me know
ASAP

·
Registered
121 Posts
Hey bhags, I don't think you can extend twice. You have to re-apply and get the paperwork done again and the bad news is the money you paid the first time is lost. I am pretty sure it works this way, anyone correct me if I'm wrong?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hi,

i hav extended my eligibility once it ends march 31st,am an old img havent prepared as we shifted to us recently.can i extend it second time,the information i got is no,will i loose my money ??is thr anyway i can extend

plz let me know
ASAP
You will have to re-apply again and yes you have to pay the fee again. I'm doing the same thing.

·
Registered
102 Posts
So if you still were not able to write the test on your extension...how many days before the date of the exam (on that extension period) should you cancel the exam so that it won't show as a bad thing on your record? Thanx..

·
Registered
121 Posts
I'm also curious about this Triquetrum. Do we have to re-do all the paperwork, get pictures taken and re-send to our school again? Or do we just have to go on and re-pay? Also how soon can we do this? Thanks :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hi,

had called ecfmg.we cant postpone twice only once it can b extended and i loose my money
i can apply 15 days after my eligibility period ends,and application processing will tak 3-4 weeks

·
Registered
252 Posts
Even i have same questions:

• First do i have to call prometric and cancel the exam appointment?

• My eligibility ends this month, can i apply now itself?

• What do u mean by all paper work again? As i have a valid certificate of identification and credentials verified by ecfmg.

• Most of all, re-applying for the exam again, will it be considered a black mark on the CV when applying for residency?

·
Registered
252 Posts
I called ecfmg and got some info.
U can re-apply with a new form 2 weeks after ur eligibility ends. U have to call prometric n cancel the appointment.
No paper work of sending to school n stuff if u have a valid CIN. It will 3 weeks to process n get the permit.
I still don't know if its gonna be a black mark in ur record.. Anyone knows the answer, please reply asap.

So what about the paperwork? All have to be done again?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Even i have same questions:

• First do i have to call prometric and cancel the exam appointment?
  • My eligibility ends this month, can i apply now itself?
  • What do u mean by all paper work again? As i have a valid certificate of identification and credentials verified by ecfmg.
  • Most of all, re-applying for the exam again, will it be considered a black mark on the CV when applying for residency?
I would add to this list..
  • Could you set the date of the exam when you are already in your eligibility period or does it have to be done before the period starts? ....AND.... what's the closest number of days from the day you set the date of the exam to the actual day of the exam?(in case you can set the date in the elig.period)
  • Does Prometric have anything to do here? I guess if you wait too close to the end of your eligibility period there might not be availability!
I'm getting uneasy about this.. :notsure: THanks ....

·
Registered
252 Posts
Once u get ur scheduling permit, u can book the date of exam thru prometric. U can book it when u r in the eligibility period anytime. Its better to book it earlier to be safe, it depends on the availability in ur preferred center in ur testing region. U can reschedule it with no fee if u reschedule it a month b4 the exam date!!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Once u get ur scheduling permit, u can book the date of exam thru prometric. U can book it when u r in the eligibility period anytime. Its better to book it earlier to be safe, it depends on the availability in ur preferred center in ur testing region. U can reschedule it with no fee if u reschedule it a month b4 the exam date!!
I would add to this list..

• Could you set the date of the exam when you are already in your eligibility period or does it have to be done before the period starts? ....AND.... what's the closest number of days from the day you set the date of the exam to the actual day of the exam?(in case you can set the date in the elig.period)
  • Does Prometric have anything to do here? I guess if you wait too close to the end of your eligibility period there might not be availability!
I'm getting uneasy about this.. :notsure: THanks ....
[/QUOTE]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts