USMLE Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I just started the Step 1 prep I was looking for opinions of FA new books (General Principles + Organ Systems) I know they're new books with only a single edition till now but its from the same people with the best reputation in the field. Im contemplating & would appreciate your personal contribution

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Not an answer yet!

Almost 60 views by now and no one had anything to say! I'm confused :notsure: is it because it's a difficult Q or is it because these books are truly not very popular? And if not, is it because they're new to the market or what?! :eek:

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm not 100% sure which books you're referring to but the ones I found on amazon were published in 2008. I personally haven't used them, but I think people don't use them because they aren't as popular as FA or have too many mistakes. I think the majority of the people use FA as the crutch of their studying with Kaplan/other resources to supplement weak areas.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I guess I think of First Aid not as a book to learn from but as a place to index my information. When I was choosing primary learning materials, those supplementary FA books never made it onto the list. They could be great! I have never seen them, nor do I know anyone who uses them, so I can't say...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts