USMLE Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone
i got my result today .. failed!
should i try again , work hard to pass and get a high score?
my concern is that my YOG is 2010
it will be my 2nd attempt .
its going to be a weak application for me .
any suggestions should i try again ?
thanks

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi sorry to hear about your results.but dont be discouraged and dont give up.yes try to get a good/high score next time.still there are some people who match residency with attempts.wish you good luck.

·
Registered
242 Posts
This time when you prepare target high marks and take NBMEs before you try again! Failing ain't a dead sentence, but you will have to prove your worth next time!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi sorry to hear. But I suggest you to analyse what actually went wrong in your prep. Is it because of your exam nervousness,anxiety etc.. Or how were your nbmes? I think if you have confidence u can fight this tough situation and get out of this in not less than 5-6 months.and only you can assess ur self than any one. So just make right decision ..I think if ur nbmes were good u should proceed studying again. Let us know how u studied and what went wrong so that u maybe helping someone making aware of how tough exam is or how hard we have to prepare. Thanks and good luck.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well it was all my lack of study , not taking nbmes before time.
i should have studied more , should have taken self assessment exams before time so could have improved ..
whats shattering me is my weak application ..
im planning to re-take in 3 months but im already late in taking steps ..
i wanted some kind of guidance, suggestions , anyones experience to motivate myself for re-taking it ..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts