USMLE Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi! im a recent graduate from pakistan, and i just got my result for step 1 and i failed. im so devastated, im not too sure whether my career in usa is over? i do understand that i need to do absolutely fantastic in the upcoming exams, but are my chances completely gone down to zero?
i would appreciate any guidance so i can make my decision whether i should persue this or not?

thanks

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hello

Don't give up... Please tell me your previous preparation plan so that we all can help you modify your new study strategy... Which books you used and how many hours you spend reading and studying daily for how long and blah blah blah... Please tell so that we can help you... Don't feel bad it can happen to any of us...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't give up... Please tell me your previous preparation plan so that we all can help you modify your new study strategy... Which books you used and how many hours you spend reading and studying daily for how long and blah blah blah... Please tell so that we can help you... Don't feel bad it can happen to any of us...
hi! so i basically used Kaplan books and lectures except for patho i used goljan. i used to study from 9-5 daily, sometimes stretching it even further into the evening till midnight. i used first aid for microbiology and i flipped through the rest of the first aid, but i never made it my solid book ( eg, ppl add in notes from kaplan to first aid), i didnt do that. but i did my kaplan solid.
i did uworld twice. the first time, i spent about 2 months on it, and the second time i started doing tests on it, i scored about 60-80% on those tests.
i, however did not take an NBME, i think that was a MAJOR mistake.
i was also under a lot of time constraint due to pressure from family to give in a couple of months, i literally just took 4 months to prep. i think TIME was also another huge factor that played a part in this failure.
i kind of now understand where i was "wrong" in my prep, but if there is anything more that i shouldve done, pls do let me know. im willing to give it my everything, i just want to know whether ill be able to score a high score next time.
id appreciate your help!
thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts