USMLE Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I had a good prep for step 3 , 3 ½ months of 8 hrs/day. Uworld avg of 68%(89% retaking) and UWSA 225.
I STUDIED MTB 3 and Kaplan step2 notes, did not do archer videos. Was shocked to see my results 188/ fail.
I wanted to ask if the results change my outcome for matching in internal medicine and pediatrics. I will definitely retake the exam if I get to go back to the us as I'm an IMG from India.
Step1 212
Step2 221
Step2 cs pass
Yog 2013
Please share if you had similar experience.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Passing step 3 with a low score doesn't affect your chances but I think failing it does. I might be wrong though

Good luck

·
Registered
55 Posts
failed step 3

Hi
I had a good prep for step 3 , 3 ½ months of 8 hrs/day. Uworld avg of 68%(89% retaking) and UWSA 225.
I STUDIED MTB 3 and Kaplan step2 notes, did not do archer videos. Was shocked to see my results 188/ fail.
I wanted to ask if the results change my outcome for matching in internal medicine and pediatrics. I will definitely retake the exam if I get to go back to the us as I'm an IMG from India.
Step1 212
Step2 221
Step2 cs pass
Yog 2013
Please share if you had similar experience.
Hi
I know u r tense...me too.......hv u got any updates regarding residency chances for failed step 3.......i m too frm india....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts