USMLE Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am an IMG , I have 99 score in CK, and I am giving my step 1 on July 7th.

Unfortunately I came to know that I failed in my CS ( passed in ICS but failed in the SEP AND CIS segments ).

I am a practicing neurologist for last three years and am looking forward for a neurology residency.

What are my chances for applying 2010 residency matching if I give my CS again at the earliest.. please give me suggestions :indifferent:

·
Ex-USMLE Forums Staff
753 Posts
Yes, there's a chance

Most IMGs do fail in the CIS and SEP part of the CS. I suggest you take a CS course so that you make sure you pass next time.
We a number of CS course polled here
http://www.usmle-forums.com/usmle-step-2-cs-recommended-threads/42-best-usmle-step-2-cs-courses.html

Failing the CS again may stigmatize you.

Focus on Step 1 and get a high score also.

If you get your passed CS results earlier than late September then you'd have a chance but later than that your chances decrease tremendously.

Wishing you all the luck

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for suggestion

Thanks for ur time &suggestion. no dates r available till oct. planning to give at the earliest oct and hoping to get results by end of dec. also wanted to know if my newly acquired green card status will help me?

·
Registered
741 Posts
Thanks for ur time &suggestion. no dates r available till oct. planning to give at the earliest oct and hoping to get results by end of dec. also wanted to know if my newly acquired green card status will help me?
Please read this article
http://www.usmle-forums.com/usmle-articles/828-scheduling-your-exam-date.html
You can schedule before October.
If you schedule in October your chances this year will be very low.

Yes, your Green Card definitely increases your chances but that's after you get a CS pass in the appropriate time.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Don't Worry Try Again

It is common IMGs fail CS. Try to practice a lot for CS, if you know friends who have passed CS ask them what they did. Courses only help you so much, it is the practice that matters.

Neelima, I see you have 99 in CK, so you are no idiot :) I know it is absolutely demoralizing but don't give up, try again am sure you can clear it.

You still have time until match. Remember to practice with study partner(s).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts