USMLE Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made a fatal mistake that I've just discovered it today!
I filled my online application and when I filled the clinical/prior training I forgot to mention the internship year that I did after I graduated from med school! I graduated in 2009 and did the internship year from July 2009 to July 2010 before I started a residency program in my country in July 2010! I'm afraid not mentioning what I did in the year after graduation will harm my application as they consider it as as I did nothing during the year after graduation!!!!!:confused:
Any ideas?!!

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Did you certify and submit

Did you certify and submit the "application" part of your myERAS?

You can make changes as long as you did not certify and submit the application.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's the problem! I thought that I wrote everyhthing so I sent my application and I can't change it anymore. I don't know how will this affect my application.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
That's the problem! I thought that I wrote everyhthing so I sent my application and I can't change it anymore. I don't know how will this affect my application.
You can add a note in your Personal Statement saying that you mistakenly missed listing your internships. This way PDs will get to know that you did have internships.
ERAS have repeatedly stressed that once the application is certified and submitted then you cannot make changes. However, I'd say give them a call and see if at all possible that they let you add that part specially now before the programs starts seeing applications and they may probably allow you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will try although I don't think it will work! but my question is do you think it will seriously affect my application?

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
I will try although I don't think it will work! but my question is do you think it will seriously affect my application?
It will affect the completeness of your application but I don't think it would be a very big issue hindering them from sending you for an Interview.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts