USMLE Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i am doing my first reading ...almost done with that but i gotta feelling that i dont remember most of the things ...sometimes i feel soo depressed i just want to thru books away
how can i improve this thingy

it sucks :(

·
Registered
99 Posts
dont worry..u will get over it eventually wen u will do ur 2nd read,just do ur FA along with it coz in the end all u will be remembering is whats in FA..rest all is just there to clear ur concepts..so dnt worry abt cramming, stress on clearing ur doubts..rest leave it to FA it will take care of everything!!:)

·
Registered
438 Posts
thanks ..i m feeling much better ..i was soo stressed out before ...tc
You will have that feeling all the way through the exam because is impossible to remember every single detail from the books, kaplan, BRS, etc. The importatn thing here is to have concepts and you will find everything in FA. It's true when you are doing the questions from the Qbank you will be imaging and remembering the FA, son don't feel bad, keep on reading because it makes you feel more comfortable with concepts.
I give you advice to put notes of important stuff that you find in the books in the FA, at the end of the process you will be studying from FA so all those littl;e notes are going to help you out.
Good luck, and keep on going is a long trip...:happy:

·
Registered
557 Posts
hi i am doing my first reading ...almost done with that but i gotta feelling that i dont remember most of the things ...sometimes i feel soo depressed i just want to thru books away
how can i improve this thingy it sucks :(
I have the exact same problem, like I read things and an hour later if you ask me I will have forgotten it. The way I overcome this is by doing questions. I have Kaplan Qbank which I use after I cover each system. On a day to day basis, I use paper sources, like Robbins Review of Pathology, the chapter questions in BRS phys, FA Q&A etc. Wikipedia apparently has questions too, although I haven't used it. The basic idea is to use questions to drive home the concepts. For example, I read about choriocarcinoma and thought I understand it, but then I got the two questions on it at the end of the chapter wrong. But now if you ask me...after see it explained three times (3rd time I got it right)...it's an aggressive malignant trophoblastic tumor with frequent metastases seen in vaginal wall and lungs with elevated HCG. Take that USMLE...I'm never forgetting that! (hopefully :p)

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys

wow heights you are doing pretty good job
hope i will manage to retain things like you did :):cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts