USMLE Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, i've been accepted for neurology and childhood neurology at fiu during October and november. And ive noticed that many of you as well, are accepted. Can you guys share your experiences or some of what you heard etc... about electives at fiu ?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hello, i've been accepted for neurology and childhood neurology at fiu during October and november. And ive noticed that many of you as well, are accepted. Can you guys share your experiences or some of what you heard etc... about electives at fiu ?
Hi mistake
How was your elective at FIU? Can you share your experience?
Thank you:)

·
Registered
29 Posts
I would be careful. I have heard that FIU places all their students in a private outpatient clinic. You never get to see hospital time with a very generic LoR if at all. Do your research, and find a good hospital program that will provide you with the USCE you need.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Heyy. Accordng to my research FIU isn't bad! Docs are really good & you do get an LOR, all you need to do is impress the doc ( my advise do some studies before Hand in ur dept)

Ps: i have been selected for December '17 Emergency med electives. Anyone up for ittt ?

·
Registered
234 Posts
I think they offer only assessments, that's what I've heard. But also since they don't have residents, the interns get to do a lot more, so I think you'd be able to learn so much.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts