USMLE Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After few of semesters I did the step 1 an failed.I invest lot of money to fly to America an i want to know if i should try again and will it lower my chance of getting into residents if i do it again and get another low score. Thank you for any help please.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Don't make your efforts become futile.

Bella, you should definitelt try to sit the exam again. How long has it been since you did the step 1 and what are you doing now.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Agreed. Never give up! Think of it this way, this time round, you will surely be more prepared and alert. Do visit forums like this to learn more on preperation tips, mnemonics etc. :D

·
Registered
124 Posts
IMG?

Well why didn't you stay in America? Doing it as an IMG will make it more difficult to get into residency. It's best if you do it in America.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Well honestly, I think it's going too reduce your chances of getting into a residency. I think I can get more information on that for you because I know somebody who had similar circumstance and they got into internal medicine. I think there's some sort of fou year limit to get into the USMLE. I'll get back to you when i can you should go to the usmle site for more info

1 - 7 of 7 Posts