USMLE Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Ex-USMLE Forums Staff
752 Posts
In USA it's called Forensic Pathology.

In order to be able to practice it, you need to have finished Anatomic Pathology Residency and then subspecialize in forensic pathology to be Forensic Pathologist.

The other common branch of pathology (examination of tissue samples from living bodies) is called clinical pathology.

Most pathology residency programs do train you in both branches.

Once you finish your pathology residency you can be trained in the following subspecialties:

  • Blood Banking/Transfusion Medicine
  • Chemical Pathology
  • Cytopathology
  • Dermatopathology
  • Forensic Pathology
  • Hematology
  • Medical Microbiology
  • Molecular Genetic Pathology
  • Neuropathology
  • Pediatric Pathology

· Registered
1 Posts
hi.. need advice

after doing forensic medicine pg in india is it possible to use the dgree abroad.. it is valid in the US UK Australia? i know that to do a residency in forensic path 1st we have to anatomical patho in the US. that time will they consider the work that was done as a Pg in forensic medicine in india.. can u also plz tell me what can be done after Md forensic medicine
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.