USMLE Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a graduate, how can I find out if my college participate in the EMSWP for as per that I need to choose among the subtype of the forms 183 (certificate statement form or186A/B/C/D (certificate of identification form) as Sabio mentioned, but on the other hand , actually I don't find any such mention about the subtype of form 186 on the "ECFMG FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTION " site. I searched on the site https://imed.faimer.org/ and that did listed my college in their same list ,but does that mean the college participate in the EMSWP as well or are they different altogether?

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
IMED list is different from EMSWP. The only way to know that your college participate in EMSWP is by asking your college, the ECFMG does not pulish the list.

More importantly, you don't need to know which form you have to fill! because the ECFMG website will automatically present to you the form that is appropriate for your situation once you finish the online part and pay the fees for the exam.

What Sabio mentioned is just to make you know about the various forms and the terms and subtypes he listed in his post are just for simplification and they are not official names by the ECFMG.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts