USMLE Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a medical student & applied for step 1 after finishing of the details i came to this form 183 which i have to get verified by the medical school official.I am not sure whether i have to send some other document with this form or straight only form 183.
I am quiet confused

pls help

·
Registered
752 Posts
In most cases it's 183 only. I sent that only as well.
It's 186 (for graduates) that is usually sent with other papers like graduation certificate,...etc.

·
Registered
103 Posts
hey i am still a med student n at the end of online application it is directing me to form 186.....so it is wat i am supposed to send ??

·
Registered
103 Posts
n what is in form 183 ? is it same like forum 186?...cuz I am worried at the end of my application it directed me to 186 form

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
n wat is in forum 183 ? is it same like form 186?...cuz i am worried at the end of my application it directed me to 186 form
form 186 is for the graduates
most probably in the application process you had filled that you are graduate coz of which you are getting the form 186 to download.
check your application details.

·
Registered
103 Posts
nope i filled it as a student ...n on that form it says ''student'' ....even on the page where there r instructions to download the form it says i am a student ....so that means i filled in rite

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nope i filled it as a student ...n on that form it says ''student'' ....even on the page where there r instructions to download the form it says i am a student ....so that means i filled in rite
ya if dat is the case then you filled it write.

the thing is what did you write in the expected year of graduation if it is before your steps then i think you will get this form 186 to download. But the catch is you need to send all your medical transcripts with form 186 which you are not having now.

Better call them

·
Registered
167 Posts
That's right .. the form has nothing to do with being a student or a graduate!
I am a student and I have filled form 186 and then applied to step 1 and CS and things went very well .. Just send whatever form the interactive application tells you to send and you'll be fine!

·
Registered
625 Posts
I also filled in 186. The school has to certify that you are the person you say you are and that you have finished your basic medical sciences. I am a student as well.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
heyy i think u r wrong

i just saw on the ecfmg websit that form 186 is for school which participate in EMSWP N form 183 is for school which do not participate in ESMwP it has nothing to do with grads or students.

hers the link
http://www.ecfmg.org/emswp.html
Ya buddy

things are clear now
since my school doesnot participate in EMSWP i have i been issued form 183
your participates so you recieved form 186

Thanks guys to clear it all

1 - 14 of 14 Posts