USMLE Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My university just sent my form and my expiration is on July 24th. Should I be OK?

Actually I changed my block as I was having some issues with university, need to take a break for 4 months from preparation so my actual block was from April - June, I moved to July - September

I called ECFMG they said they can't say anything for now ...

What do u guys think do u think I should be OK?

·
Registered
919 Posts
Can u move your block one block ahead instead of July - September? it's a risk I think.

Imagine if u plan to take the exam July 12th or earlier even n there weren't any available dates till the end of July? then it would expire (if its expiring next year)?

I wanted to take my exam in Oct but there was only ONE date available in September (in my eligibility period) n if i didn't take it I'd have to fly to Philippines or India to take the exam. I was quite shocked but apparently MANY doctors in my country are taking the exam now.:confused:

So u better think this carefully mate.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@ sheetal u ddint understand my scenario I guess I am already enrolled into ECFMG long back but bec of some reasons i have to go back to my univ for 4 months so i extended the block by paying 50 USD to july- sept block

ECFMG just received my form 186 so should be ok as my expiration or validity is till July 24th

hope u understood now

·
Registered
919 Posts
@ sheetal u ddint understand my scenario i guess i m already enrolled into ECFMG long back but bec of some reasons i have to go back to my univ for 4 months so i extended the block by paying 50 USD to july- sept block

ECFMG just received my form 186 so shoiuld be ok as my expoiration or validity is till july 24th

hope u understood now
:redcheeks; no actually i still dont get it. if ur validity is till july 24th how can u extend till sept?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
let me tell u clearly

I enrolled into ECFMG in Jan and my block period was from April - June so as I live in US my univ is in Caribbean I had to go back to Caribbean from Feb-June.

So when I came back I payed 50USD and I moved my block from July-Sept
so after I paid ECFMG told me to send my form 186 again

so my univ send the form yesterday
but before they said the validity is till July 24th and they should receive my form 186 as soon as possible when I called them in July 1st week
so now they got my form but I'm little worried as they said when I called this morning that they need 3 weeks to process and they cant tell anything right now or as of now..

·
Registered
919 Posts
let me tell u clearly i enrolled into ECFMG in jan and my block period was from april-june so as i live in US my univ is in caribbean i had to go back to caribbean from feb-june
so when i came back i payed 50USD and i moved my block from july-sept
so after i paid ECFMG told me to send my form 186 again
so my univ send the form yesterday
but before they said the validity is till july 24th and they should receive my form 186 as soon as possible when i called them in july 1st week
so now they got my form but i m lil worried as they said when i called this morning that they need 3 weeks to process and they cant tell anything right now or as of now
oh i see... :p

well dr. N.elham (on this forum) gave me a name in the ECFMG whom when i contacted made sure i got my permit within 3 days!!! so when u call ECFMG next n want a clear cut answer, u ask for Sharon. say u wanna speak to her n that she understands ur situation. that's what i did n i got my work done. :happy:

someone should be awarding her with best employee of the year or something.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts