USMLE Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been able to download form 187, 900, 344, and 345.................but could not find form 186.........Where should I download it........?

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
There's no Form 186 Download

The ECFMG does not publish Form 186 and Form 183 online and you cannot download any of these two.

The reason for that is this,
Graduates need to submit form 186.
Students need to submit form 183.

Therefore, in order to avoid confusion they made these form available only after you finish the online-part of your application as then they will present you with the appropriate form that you need to fill and submit (See ECFMG Registration Steps).

Furthermore, recently, Form 186 has been given in two different versions to graduates. One with the need of medical school official signature and the other without the need for this. The latter is given to graduates of medical schools that participate in EMSWP.

Therefore, the only way that you get Form 186 or Form 183 is by actually finishing your online part of the application and then printing out the form that they individually choose for you.

·
Registered
167 Posts
@ Sabio
I keep hearing the same thing over and over, that form 186 is for graduates and form 183 is for students .. but I don't think so!

I applied for Step 2 CS exam 2 weeks ago, finished the online part, and ECFMG provided me with one form : 186 ... I am a medical student !

and even better : my applications was accepted earlier today and I had my schedule permit ..

Also, my medical school participate in EMSWP, and I was given 186 form, and I was asked to sign it by the verified personnel form my medical school ...

I only want things to be clear for those who are going to apply for USMLE steps

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
ECFMG inconsistent

@ Sabio
I keep hearing the same thing over and over, that form 186 is for graduates and form 183 is for students .. but I don't think so!

I applied for Step 2 CS exam 2 weeks ago, finished the online part, and ECFMG provided me with one form : 186 ... I am a medical student !

and even better : my applications was accepted earlier today and I had my schedule permit ..

Also, my medical school participate in EMSWP, and I was given 186 form, and I was asked to sign it by the verified personnel form my medical school ...

I only want things to be clear for those who are going to apply for USMLE steps
Thank you for this valuable input. We also want our users to be exposed to correct information.
The ECFMG, consistently, has been inconsistent in their management of applications and for a variety of reasons they deal in a different style with different applicants.
The version of Form 186 "that does not require a medical school official" has been around for a while and I don't know why they did not give it to you.
Form 183 is mentioned in the ECFMG bulletin that it is designed for the medical student and many of our members did receive it and I don't why they did not give it to you.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Please reply!!

What shall we submit besides Form 186 to ECFMG? Form 187? Form 345? A couple of medical diploma copies??

I'm an IMG graduate. I'll be sending my form 186 to my medical school officer soon.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts