USMLE Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I applied for Step 2 CS as a graduate.
It's going to be my first exam, and I sent in form 186.

Do I need to send in my credentials also to get my scheduling permit??

Or is form 186 enough for me to schedule my CS date?

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Recently we noticed that the ECFMG is not allowing candidates to take a USMLE Step without credentials verification.

So I think that will be the case with you as well.

However, I appreciate if you tell what will happen with you so that others can benefit from your experience.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I called up ECFMG. They said they need form 186 and to receive the medical credentials before issuing me the scheduling permit. They said the credentials do NOT have to be verified before I get the permit. Lets hope thats soon! I sent in my credentials a about a week back. Will keep u updated on when I get the permit!

·
Registered
4 Posts
hey hisham!
i am facing almost the same problem as you.
initially all my forms got accepted except form 186...so i had to resend that.
last week i got an email from ecfmg stating that they have accepted my new form 186 and that they will now process the online part of my form (which will take another 3 weeks)
they have also sent form 327a to my university for verification.
on oasis in usmle application section---its written---waiting for verification from your school.
im so worried.so this means university does have to verify! any thoughts?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No issues with your application, I spoke to them, they said they need about 3 weeks to process everything from the acceptance of the online form and receipt of documents before you get your permit. the documents simply have to arrive, and then the 3 week count down begins. The documents do NOT have to be verified from your school...so I would say wait about 3 weeks and I think you should be ok.

·
Registered
4 Posts
hey hisham!
ok so i called up ecfmg today... and the guy said that "we are waiting for online verification by your school"
i said "do u mean by post?"
he said "no this verification is done by your school online"
me "and when will i get my permit?"
him "as soon as your school verifies u online"
now what...i dunno.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
try calling up ur school and asking them. If its an online thing, it should not take that long, and make sure the hold up is not because of your school. i guess thats the best you can do for now! hold tight. Im still waiting for mine. I sent in my credentials too late, and my 186 got accepted, but my online application got rejected. so i reapplied, and hopefully they have my credentials and should process me asap. in a similar situation. lets keep our fingers crossed!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
hey hisham...i found out!
if your school participates in EMSWP then its an ONLINE verification! u dont need the document verification to give the exam....document verification can be done later.
as for me...my online form is being processed....form 186 accepted...and on monday im gonna ask my school to ONLINE verify me! hopefully it should be all be ok.
please ask ur school abt EMSWP otherwise ull be wasting time.thought id let u know.

·
Registered
4 Posts
hey guys thought ill update you! my school verified me online today 22 feb...and as soon as the school verified me, i got an email from ecfmg telling me ill get my permit in a week...
this is for all u guys needing help regarding this matter.
if your school participates in EMSWP you need = online form, form186 and school online verification.
if school DOESNT participate in EMSWP then u need document verification.
hope i helped!
best of luck to everyone.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts