USMLE Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys.

I've been reading up on USMLE for quite a while and I'm taking the plunge this year.
I'm a Pakistani Student, currently in 4th year and I fulfilling the basic sciences

I started preparing from January, but only seriously started in the last week.

Here's my plan.

I intend to do the Kaplan lecture series, with the lecture notes first, as a complete review of all the stuff. My estimate is it'll take 3 months. (my estimate of length of videos is around 270 hrs, that by 5 hours/day with one day off per week and give or take for unforeseen circumstances).

After that, I'll give two NBME tests in succession.
Then I'll have a good idea about my state of preparation and will fix the date of the exam,

For which I've tentatively decided the Aug-Sep-Oct period.
After that, taking my own notes that I've made in my previous 3 years and FA and high yield

I intend to revise everything over a month.
In the remaining 4 months I am only going to take tests, point my weaknesses and and remedy them.

First two months by the books and the next two by a subscription to Kaplan QBank.

Other strategies I plan to deploy.
* Spaced repetition.
* Relaxation.
* Not comparing myself too much to others.
* And teaching my study partner what I know and listening to what she is saying

·
Registered
7 Posts
hi...

I think add UW and some ethic book in ur plan......do not bother for personal notes, I mean kaplan notes are more than enough,,do not waste time on other resources ..kap notes (5 times), video lectures(1), uw/kaplan bank(2), first aid(3)......assess by nbme...99 guaranteed...

Good luck...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll look up some ethics book in the forums. :)
And should i get a subscription to UW? I can only afford one, unfortunately. :(

Thank you. :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
i m also a paki srudent in final year preparing for step 2 and i ll agree with irsu's post that donot waste time in making notes just go with kaplan , FA , qbanks , nd best of luck

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My own notes, i'm not going to make them. I already have them, except for special pathology. for which i'm using goljan audio. :)

But i get the point. Thanks.

And pakbrain, where you from?

·
Registered
4 Posts
HEY ITS REALLY VERY GR8 TO SEE A PAKI FORUM GUYS
I M A 3RD YEAR STUDENT FROM KARACHI
I HAVE STARTED SLOWLY TOWARDS USMLE
CAN U GUYS PLZ HELP ME OUT
M VERY MUCH NERVOUS REGARDING EXAM AS I M NOT VERY MUCH GUD IN MY STUDIES :toosad:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys i'm a medical student from karachi. I want to give my Step 1 by the end of 4th year as well. I'm currently in 2nd year. Could you please tell me when i should start preparing and whether it's a good idea to give it in medschool, in 4th year, 5th year of after graduation?

Best of luck for the USMLE DoctorNO!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hey guys i'm a medical student from karachi. I want to give my Step 1 by the end of 4th year as well. I'm currently in 2nd year. Could you please tell me when i should start preparing and whether it's a good idea to give it in medschool, in 4th year, 5th year of after graduation?

Best of luck for the USMLE DoctorNO!
which college are u frm fadoo??

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi there,
I know this is an old thread but I am going through a bit of a dilemma and this seems to be the only useful link right now.I am a 4th year mbbs student and I am planning on giving my USMLE step 1 at the end of this year,but im confused as to if thats a good idea.Should I wait till im doen with mbbs to start with the steps?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sohani

Aoa...i m a student of 3rd year mbbs...i want to take step after 4rth year..i want information about it..couldn't find it satisfactorily on internet that how to apply for usmle step 1 in pakistan..anybody plzzzzz help...i m from Lahore..Plz tell me about books,fees,exams,forums,datesof forum submission etc..i shall be very grateful..Thanku

1 - 18 of 18 Posts