USMLE Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys. I appeared in my step 1 exam on 18th may. I was curious when i would be getting my scores? As the questions were reduced from 44 to 40 or lower per block and its mentioned on the usmle site that scores would be delayed if somone appears after 9 may with a target date of score reporting 13 july. Does it mean that my score will also come on 13 july or can it come anytime before 13 july?
Kindly give ur opinion?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The exam is very close to form 15 and form 17.
I thought form 16 was a bit harder than the actual exam.
Not much differences in the new system. 40 questions per block. And u can have less than 40 questions in some blocks. As i had 36 questions in the last block. Lengthwise the questions were similar to uworld and nbmes. A few questions were had very long statements but u can easily manage by doing smaller questions quickly and saving time for the big ones. I had almot 7 to 9 minute spare in each block which i used to review the marked ones.

·
Registered
63 Posts
so the time for each block remains the same that is 1 hour ?? and the break time remains the same as well ?

but the no of questions has been reduced from 44 to 40 ?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks for sharing ....i hv my exam in june end.....
how were the anat and , genetics and behavioral sc q....
was there any weird q and any new topics like physician task and competencies.....

i hv few days remaining for exam...pls advise on what should i stress more in these last days......
like if u would told to give exam again what would u do more??

waiting for ur reply...
thanks in advance....

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Exam was almost similar to uworld and nbmes. There were a few new questions which i did not understand. But majority was from uworld and first aid.
If i could have done anything extra it would be details of all skin infections as i was having trouble picking the clinical pictures of skin infections like pediculosis tinea etc.
Also the surface antomy of complete chest. There were about 5 6 questions in which i was asked about the structure lying underneath each intercostal space on front sides and back. Also u should know the skin dermatomes.
Anatomy statistics and other subjects were similar to uworld.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts