USMLE Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we can't wallow around in self-pity, anger and depression forever. In this thread we encourage each other to get back into it and advice on what we can do better our CV.

My current CV
US-IMG
Step 1 234
Ck -263
CS - Pass (2nd attempt)
USCE 5 months, 4 US LORs
Currently anesthesiology and critical resident in my medical schools country

My plan
1.Take Step 3
2.Apply for the PTAL
3.Continue residency while trying to get a few more months of USCE
OR
3.Go to the US for a research position
(as you can see 3. is where I'm undecided)

Fall seven times, stand up eight.

· Registered
469 Posts
So we can't wallow around in self-pity, anger and depression forever. In this thread we encourage each other to get back into it and advice on what we can do better our CV.

My current CV
US-IMG
Step 1 234
Ck -263
CS - Pass (2nd attempt)
USCE 5 months, 4 US LORs

My plan
1.Take Step 3
2.Apply for the PTAL
OR

How many years are u in your residency?

· Registered
469 Posts
I would graduate summer next year. And nope US citizen.

Forgot to add that I will still be keeping an eye open for spots this year using either matcharesident or residentswap.
Turns out you have to still pay ERAS for each program that is left to apply:mad::mad::mad:
Man finish ur program then think about here, at least then u would have two cards to play with. (fellowship or residency)

· Registered
369 Posts

My current CV
US-IMG
Step 1 234
Ck -263
CS - Pass (2nd attempt)
USCE 5 months, 4 US LORs

My plan
1.Take Step 3
2.Apply for the PTAL
OR

Do you know how to get this PTAL letter?? if anybody knows please tell me too...

I stayed unmatched too.. step 1: 242. step 2 :229, CS cleared, 2 years clinical research, MPH, 15 papers (current and finished reseaerch), 3 months USCE, All US LOR's from Chairs of depts.... interviewed at the best places in the country, and result: UNMATCHED...

I have to take step 3 now..
please tell me about PTAL if anybody knows how to get it.

· Registered
87 Posts
Do you know how to get this PTAL letter?? if anybody knows please tell me too...

I stayed unmatched too.. step 1: 242. step 2 :229, CS cleared, 2 years clinical research, MPH, 15 papers (current and finished reseaerch), 3 months USCE, All US LOR's from Chairs of depts.... interviewed at the best places in the country, and result: UNMATCHED...

I have to take step 3 now..
please tell me about PTAL if anybody knows how to get it.
Are you a US citizen or Green card holder? Anyone with a SSN can apply for PTAL. not for non US IMG's

· Registered
369 Posts
Are you a US citizen or Green card holder? Anyone with a SSN can apply for PTAL. not for non US IMG's
not a citizen or green card holder but I do have SSN because I work here.. do you know how to apply for it or where to find the info??

· Registered
369 Posts
i just googled it (should have done before :) ) , it costs like 490 something.. Man.. i can't have it .. the best thing for me is to think only about step 3 at the moment !!!

· Registered
343 Posts
Good thread...Let's all support each other through this difficult time.

My stats

US IMG applied for IM

210, 212, CS pass (all first attempt), 4 US LORs

12 Months of observerships in private clinics and non university hospital

Had 4 Interviews (2 were through contacts)

What I'm gonna do to imrprove my chances, apply to psych this along with IM, get some USCE in psych, take step 3 and hopefully do better then my last two scores, and learn spanish.

· Registered
87 Posts
Absolutely a rip off! They know how to make money fooling emotional candidates. :rage:
I have definitely given up for this year and all eyes on next match!
Does anyone have a list of any observerships? Or any did them in past I can definitely use it. Haven't done any.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.