USMLE Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. First post here. So I'm done studying Goljan the first time. Did 16 days and I got two to go. Forty pages per day give or take. It took me 10 hours a day to cover them. I felt like it was a high speed race. Extremely difficult and so packed with detail. The point is right now I feel like I retained very little. That's really depressing needless to say. Is this everyone's experience? Is Goljan overboard or is it just me? All the other books I covered thus far were not nearly as difficult. Forty pages would take me half the time it took with Goljan. Should I continue with Goljan or am I wasting my time?

·
Registered
21 Posts
i did Goljan 10 pages a day , and it took me a long time to finish it , i don't remember anything to be honest with you , for step 1 exam , you will have alot of information that you need to memorise , so adding goljan for studying will be challenging . goljan is for people who have time , efforts , passion , good luck

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I appreciate the response. Thanks. Wasn't expecting any to be honest. I'll see how things go.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Agreed.

It is indeed a lot of work.
Pick the sections you like the most and it'll be worth it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts