USMLE Forums banner

Which is better, Pathoma or Goljan?

• [URL=http://www.pathoma.com/fundamentals-of-pathology]Pathoma[/URL]

Votes: 130 63.4%
  • [URL=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0323084389/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=usmleforums_vs-20&linkC

Votes: 75 36.6%
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
I used goljan during medschool and am currently using pathoma for my step 1 preparation. I would have to go with pathoma

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
guys i need more opinions on this from guys who used both
I will get one and I only can afford one :\
Help plz

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm using Pathoma for the sake of brevity; I have Goljan and consult it when Pathoma doesn't have something. I feel like Goljan integrates more pathophys with path, but there are too many bullet points and Pathoma puts things more succinctly.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Pathoma or Goljan; which one is better?

which one is better. i did golijan once and its a bit too much for me to remember. i wanna write exams in august. should i change books now???

·
Registered
763 Posts
if you have done goljan already i would advice using pathoma, but before doing it give a quick review for every corresponding chapter. i think only pathoma isn't enough for the whole pathology, because it majorly covers histopathology and pathologic anatomy. Goljan deals also with pathophys and many other concepts.

·
Registered
218 Posts
thank you dr nick....i really appreciate your help. you rock!!!!!:cool:
:)):)):)):))why do you think dr nick rocks?
you have already decided using pathoma and needs support which dr nick gave you:)):))
goljan is still GOLD when it comes to usmle...you can use pathoma if you are having problems understanding pathology BUT goljan rr and audio is still the way to go baby:)

·
Registered
64 Posts
you all rock for giving me your insight:D;)
thing is i have gone through golijan audio and notes twice and im still having trouble with recalling everything in it. thought pathoma would simplyfy things. but im still confused if i should change my book since i have exams in august....

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
What are you guys talking about! Of course Goljan better

Ask any AMG, ask any recent exam taker, they'll all swear by Goljan

·
Registered
763 Posts
to ditch or not to ditch golijan....that is the question:rolleyes:
Ditch it :D

to decide depending on this poll, it will need minimum a month to vote more than 50 people. so don't wait my friends go kill goljan + pathoma ... yes both :D

·
Registered
34 Posts
I use Pathoma and its amaaaazing !! Its soo good !! I believe its the best resource for pathology. Goljian is good also but it will take a lot of time to finish it and i have no time for spending one month for patho.. I want to finish patho and pharma in one month.. Do u think its possible??

·
Registered
106 Posts
hi doctor did u find any link or source for pathoma. i am done with goljan but its an overkill. please if you find anything helpfull do let me know

1 - 20 of 85 Posts