USMLE Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys got 90 in step 1...is it worth to go further and give ck...i have heard things are becoming very difficult for IMGs.

I want to do residency in internal medicine from any place. I have graduated in 2009.

kindly suggest plz plz

·
Registered
438 Posts
Hi guys got 90 in step 1...is it worth to go further and give ck...i have heard things are becoming very difficult for IMGs.

I want to do residency in internal medicine from any place. I have graduated in 2009.

kindly suggest plz plz
I know someone who got an 85 in step 1 and got a residency in prematch for Internal Medicine.
So go for it, keep on studying and you will achieve your dreams.
I personally think a 90 is great.

·
Registered
114 Posts

kindly suggest plz plz
I think that you have fair chance to get the residency. Go for it! Remember that the step-scores aren't only thing they are looking at.

·
Registered
6 Posts

kindly suggest plz plz
surely go with fin-84... step score is NOT THE ONLY thing dat matters......!!!!
cheer up dude.... ! :)

·
Registered
433 Posts
I think you're hammering yourself too hard (or were, since this is a fairly old post).

A 90 is a good score. Congrats. Maybe it'll be harder for competitive residencies like derm, rad/onc, ENT.....but nonetheless, a good score. Don't beat yourself. Smile. You're done with it. :happy:

·
Registered
116 Posts
congratulations!

you know what ..i have a friend who got 85 in step 1 and 87 in step 2...and she got a prematch at university programme in new york state.....90 is not a bad score at all..you should be proud of yourself...your research and clinical eperience plus observership thing matters a lot these days ....so go ahead!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Amit

kindly suggest plz plz
Dear Amit,

Of course! You are a new graduate with a great step 1 score, please note programs look at 5 factors for IMG's

1- Scores
2- Visa status
3- Year of graduation
4- US Clinical experience
5- Documents PS LORS ETC...

A 90 is an excellent start, study and continue on the same path pass your CS in the 1st attempt as this has become a hurdle for many applicants that have a failure, but not impossible to be overcome. We see no weakness, in fact this is great score, true it has become more competitive but work on all aspects of your application and you will be fine make sure you put the same effort on all aspects of your application that you have on STEP1! Feel free to post any question you have we will try to get to it!

Good luck!

IMGPrep Team

1 - 11 of 11 Posts