USMLE Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Congratss Chris:) Could you give some pointers as to what helped you most in the last month of prep, how many reads of Kaplan notes and did you find it necessary to memorize First Aid?

·
Registered
653 Posts
what is your most solid recommendation? FA, Conrads cases, Kaplan and by the way how did u study kaplan.. 2010 green version, older, with videos, how many times did u see the vids..

etc..:)

·
Registered
44 Posts
congratulations on this great score & good luck with the coming exams
i'd like to know the time frame you used during your preparations?
& did you use other books besides kaplan and FA?

·
Registered
12 Posts
congratulatiob ,is it different, usmle world the offline and the online ?, and how much time did it take exactly please beacause iam gonna do the same:)

·
Registered
109 Posts
hello Chris,
Congratulations! looking forward to your experience in detail:)

·
Registered
10 Posts
CONGRATS! I wish you the best of luck for STEP 2! Looking forward to how you prepared for STEP 1. How many hours approximately did you study each day? When did you start studing? Well any important detales you can share! :happy:
:sorry:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sorry for the delay

There is no internet where I am working presently.
I have been reading Kaplan review(1-4) black cover lightly for about 6months until I registered 6 months to my exam when i intensified my preparation Read kaplan notes (older version) once, no video.Crammed FA,did U world offline 2008(Little difference to the online i finally subscribed to).
4 wks to my exam , I subscribed to UWORLD had 84%. Left where i am working and i crashed it in less than 3weeks. I discovered my anatomy,genetics, behavioral science were weak.
To improve it, I read genetics road map, read 100 cases of Conrad Fischer in 3 days and did kaplan Q bank anatomy. Did NBME 7 about 9 days to my exam, had 231. I spent the remaining days reviewing my notes and cramming FA.
EXAM Got 4 murmur question, 2 doable without listening, the rest i guessed. Had 2 ECG. Answered the first comfortably, the second i had no idea. Got a lot of graphs and CT scan. I discovered i missed some cheap unheard of questions as i stepped out. I am not sure FA helped me, it all came down to how well do i understand these things. I thank God i got 99, the last 6 weeks were rough and scary, traveling to use the internet.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts