USMLE Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Hey Shum, congrats! I personally feel 91 is an awesome score. You worked hard and you got 90plus. Thats something to be proud of. Enjoy your success!

A few questions--during the test, what did you feel helped the most while answering questions? Did your nbme's correlate?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thnx fr the encouragement but it seems evryone on this forum getting 99 so i felt little depreesed i didnt do nbme only u world with 77 aggre score...wht chances i have in matching process

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
thnx fr the encouragement but it seems evryone on this forum getting 99 so i felt little depreesed i didnt do nbme only u world with 77 aggre score...wht chances i have in matching process
I think anything above 90 is a great score! its not an easy task lol.
And its usually the ppl who get a 99 who post about their experience on the forum so dont be discouraged looking at the forum. You'll do great! Good luck in the future!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so i thnk if itz gud i thn need to thnk this forum lol...fr guidanc,,and support esp sabio who replied evrythng i asked...so now i want to ask do i hav gud chanvc to get into internal medicine or itz too early to decide

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes. I do think it's a good score. Honesty, not just encouraging you.
thnx a lot sabio...now i can celebrate,,i dnt knw..first i luved aneasthisilogy very much thn i heard u need to preliminary first fr tht ,,,thn i luved gynae obs soooo much..gynae obs was my priority but now aftr results i knw itz goin to be internal medicine or family medicine,,,u knw u need to deserve thn desire

·
Registered
236 Posts
Hope for the best ,prepare for the worst ......So do keep hope...i still thin u can get gyn n obs !! anesth. ...dont know but gyn n obs u still have a good chance !!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Congratulations!! From what I see from other posts you score is pretty good... I see that alot of Program Directors like scores over 90.. Just get over 90 in Step 2 CK. Pass CS in your first try...

Good luck and don't stress about this score, the score is great!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hope for the best ,prepare for the worst ......So do keep hope...i still thin u can get gyn n obs !! anesth. ...dont know but gyn n obs u still have a good chance !!
i am an img,,,do u still thnk i hav chanc in gynae obs if i do observershp fr few mnths in it

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Congratulations!! From what I see from other posts you score is pretty good... I see that alot of Program Directors like scores over 90.. Just get over 90 in Step 2 CK. Pass CS in your first try...

Good luck and don't stress about this score, the score is great!
thnx ,,,i wanted to knw tht cnt i do obs fr few mnths in gynae obs thn fr few mnths in IM and thn apply fr both ,,,cnt one aply r differnt specialities at same time or u cnt,,and if u apply fr IM do i have to hide my gynae obs observrship frm thm

·
Registered
236 Posts
i am an img,,,do u still thnk i hav chanc in gynae obs if i do observershp fr few mnths in it
Yes u do !! but plan ur externships well and the rest of the steps too !!! you are worrying way too much ! we only hear about 99 scores but that does not mean that all seats are filled by students scoring 99 in step 1. your score is pretty good ...so relax...

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hey !! Congrats on your score. Of course we all want to get 99s, but you know ill be honest ill even be happy with an 80 coming out of the exam lol Getting a 91 is good. And you shouldnt be worrying. You should be very happy. There are people that fail or get low scores and they wish they could have your 91!

So honestly you do not need to worry!!! you can kick butt on Step 2!! and you will be fine ... dont worry about residency. Just take it one day at a time. Don't worry about things that are not under your control.

The exam is done and over with, worrying will not do anything. Go out and enjoy your life!!!

And congrats again!!! plz be happy!! no need to worry!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts