·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks...

i had done NBME 7...my score was 244/600
in UWSA 1.....238/590
IN UWSA 2 .....248/650

....u know i was shocked to see my 3 digit score..the questions were really easy and i felt i had done way better than what i had done in NBME OR UWSAs..but i got to move on...its atleast 99...so i am glad ..

good luck to you guys!!

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
thanks...

i had done NBME 7...my score was 244/600
in UWSA 1.....238/590
IN UWSA 2 .....248/650

....u know i was shocked to see my 3 digit score..the questions were really easy and i felt i had done way better than what i had done in NBME OR UWSAs..but i got to move on...its atleast 99...so i am glad ..

good luck to you guys!!
hhhhhhhmmmmmmm i understand your feelings! but i guess a lot of people did well on that exam since our results are compared to test takers! well, your score is still very great and you would make it to your desired residency! don't worry at all. remember the next journey matters as well. u rock it!!!

·
Registered
159 Posts
congratulation for your great score.
can you tell me what was your cumulative performance in UW qbank?
how much time did u take to prepare? i am takin it in march..takin 4 months only cuz i wanna make it to the 2012 match..apprehensive about it:S

·
Registered
741 Posts
Amazing score

Congratulations...

This is an amazing score and am sure you'll be acing the CK too.

Good job, keep up the good work

·
Registered
433 Posts
Hi Meka,
U still have time for 2012 match I wiljl enter the exam on July and step 2 on April the cs I guess on may why the rush in march

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

·
Registered
216 Posts
Congrats.....great score, Goodluck with everything in the future!

I was gonna ask you of how long you took to prepare for the exam and how many times did you go through kaplan and FA?

thanks for the help, you've done a service to those coming behind you! goodluck again for the next Steps...

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i prepared for about 7 months...read kaplan lecture notes and FA for review ....about 3 times .....and did the qbanks....

·
Registered
114 Posts
Yes. They don't allow you to re-do the exam once you have passed. But they also don't like if you haven't passed for the first try. So while your points may not be as good as you hoped - you managed to pass the first try and that will be counted.

Still there is lot you can do. Research in US is highly valued and if you get to know program director you multiply your chances to get residency. My coursemate's friend had residency (I don't know how much he scored) because every member of interviewing board could decide one resident.

So cheer up and keep little break and then focus on step 2.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Congratulations!

USMLEGUY- I'm contemplating which books to use right now and whether Kaplan is necessary, as I've been advised to use non-Kaplan books. Do you think your score, for most part, can be attributed to prepping with Kaplan?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Congrtas USMLE guy! IT sure was a deserving score and some of your posts have really helped a lot of people here. Hope you carr on like this a get a 99 in step 2 CK as well. Kepp up the good work!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts