USMLE Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone

I got my Step 1 score yesterday. I scored 234.

Interestingly i was scoring around 205 in nbmes, but studied day and night for a month after last nbme, and decided not to take any assessment tests before taking the real exam.

also what u think is 234 is a decent score for an IMG ?

Thanks,

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hi everyone

I got my Step 1 score yesterday. I scored 234.

Interestingly i was scoring around 205 in nbmes, but studied day and night for a month after last nbme, and decided not to take any assessment tests before taking the real exam.

also what u think is 234 is a decent score for an IMG ?

Thanks,
congratulations great score:)please share ur nbme score and uworld scores? how u mnage breaks in exam? and exam was like nbme or uworld? how u did biostatistics?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
congratulations great score:)please share ur nbme score and uworld scores? how u mnage breaks in exam? and exam was like nbme or uworld? how u did biostatistics?

NBME 17, 07/20 score 205
NBME 13, 08/15 score 207
NBME 12, 11/04 , score 205
actual exam 11/30, score 234

U world score in 1st attempt 68%
U world second attempt scored above 80%

Kaplan Q bank in 1st attempt just used in last two weeks before of exam and did around 1000 questions, correct questions 70%

exam questions were similar to both NBME and Uworld and different from Kaplan Qbank

1st three sections felts like piece of cake and than section 4 was the hardest.

took small breaks after section 3rd, 4th and 5th section, still had 30 minutes break left that I didn't use.

lowest i scored in was Bio statistics, but still it was above borderline performance. overall in all disciplines performance was in higher performance in graph.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
last one month I used to study for 14 hours a day.

whatever my weak subjects were in NBME graph, i did all correct and incorrects from UWorld for 2 weeks and i was referencing First Aid if needed.

and for next 5 days did Uworld mcqs from all subjects, after that my uworld subscription expired.

after that did 8 blocks of mcqs from Kaplan q bank every day and just studied recaps of both correct and incorrect to revise.

2 days before exam took practice test at the prometric and scored 81% in that and that boosted my confidence immensely , highly recommend this test to know test atmosphere.

day before exam revised for few hours until noon and then decided to relax and not study, and in evening went for shopping :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts