USMLE Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just got my score ,223/95 ....Is this a good score for an international to get interview???:)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Congrats

That is an excellent score, plz share ur prepartion experience and ur exam experience and ur DOs and DON'T for us
thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
my experience

Dear all

I'm Iranian and now I live in malaysia.
I got five month studying for step 1 ( at first around 9 to 11 hrs a day and after 3 months around 14 to 15 hrs a day)

BOOKs : Kaplan lecture notes, Goljan ( I think this one is the most important part that you have to cover for your exam , it is really useful ),First aid 2010 ( partially )

Media : All kaplan DVDs, goljan audio

Qbank : I started with Kaplan qbank and i finished it 3 months before exam (67%) and after that I shifted to UW ( but i didn't complete it, I cover just 1500 Q with percentage 71. In my opinion Kaplan is more similar to real exam in both pattern and type of questions.
I advise you dont do the tests before you study kaplan lectures in any part,it is just wasting the time ,B/c when you haven't any idea about a question you have to spend more time on it and finally can not memories them.

NBME : 5 : 198 ( 3 months before exam )
6 : 207 ( 2 months before exam )
7 : 235 ( 2 weeks before exam )
Also I took the prometric sample test one week before the exam and I got 74% correct.

And about the exam : I became panic in the first block and I was very near to leaving the exam hall :( but after a few minutes I succeeded to manage myself and from there everything went well . I have to mentioned that after exam I felt really bad and all the time between the exam and the result I was thinking of failure. I was not able to remember any Qs and this made me nervous.

wish you all good luck, and if there anything I could help you with, please do not hesitate to ask me .

·
Registered
433 Posts
how many

congratulations on da nice score mate

how many times did ya go through the lecture notes? this is really important for me:rolleyes:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Actually 2 times completely and one time just those that I highlighted and the charts in the last week...and 3 times Dr.Goljan Pathology which role is obviously prominent ... I have to mention that I didn't study kaplan pathology, I just use goljan for that...

·
Registered
35 Posts
could you plz let me know if dvds proved useful for u?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts