USMLE Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
:)

According to this !:D
Hmm - you're right, I was just confused because it says "only found as an opportunistic pathogen" - The list from Wiki is a little confusing though, as it lists Staph aureus - definitely not something you think of as only an opportunistic pathogen.

In my head i associate pseudomonas with burns, cystic fibrosis and hot tub folliculitis mainly - it also causes UTIs and to some small extent skin infections in IV drug users but I didn't really think of it as an opportunistic pathogen till now.

Thanks!! It's a good question - i've been ignoring my micro for a while so it made me think about it again :)

Ashish

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yes pseudomonas

u're ryte guys. its pseudomonas.

that little chart up there of all opportunistic organisms is really helpful. in terms of the gram + cocci i think its because it presents with advanced symptoms in the young and elderly and IC ptts so its one of the opportunistics organisms. wont u agree?

·
Registered
92 Posts
u're ryte guys. its pseudomonas.

that little chart up there of all opportunistic organisms is really helpful. in terms of the gram + cocci i think its because it presents with advanced symptoms in the young and elderly and IC ptts so its one of the opportunistics organisms. wont u agree?
Where did you get the question from? I am a little skeptical as to whether or not it is solely opportunistic.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.