USMLE Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I am currently in the third year of my med school and need someone who can help me with Step 1. I am an IMG and aspire to be on the American Board some day.
Where should I start my prep from if I have 2 years before I can appear for the exam?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hi. I am currently in the third year of my med school and need someone who can help me with Step 1. I am an IMG and aspire to be on the American Board some day.
Where should I start my prep from if I have 2 years before I can appear for the exam?
Go with Kaplan lectures + First Aid. Start getting familiar with First Aid as soon as possible. If you are not in a hurry add one textbook for each subject. Look in the back of First Aid, it has a list of highly rated resources. Choose one textbook for each subject from there. Only if you have a lot of time. It will also depend on what you know already. You will eventually have to dump the textbooks and Kaplan and concentrate on First Aid + question bank in the end, but if you have time make sure you do a really thorough first read. I have not taken the test yet so take my advice with a grain of salt.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts