USMLE Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear All,

I am an FMG, and want to get hand's on externship in US in one of these: Internal medicine, family medicine, emergency medicine, is it easy? is there any hospital that they do it for free? if not what is the best way to get Hand's on externship? does observership count like externship for residency? if i have to pay for externship, how long it's ideal to do externship, and how much i should pay (Cheapest) as may be some of you did it?.

I am still in my home country not came to US yet, is there any hospital or website that i can apply for externship online? or any other webiste? if you get externship in family medicine (cause it's the only choice) and want to apply for Internal medicine, will be that ok? thanks and I am looking forward to hearing from you soon :)

Best,
Rebeen

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Answers

Getting externships online for free is quite difficult.

Most hospitals that do offer externships for free do not accept online applications. You need to contact the hospitals one by one and see if they offer such thing.

As for the paid externships. We have listed all the options here http://www.usmle-forums.com/externships-observerships-clerkships/1420-paid-externships-imgs.html you can contact those companies and see yourself which one offer the best prices.

As for the observerships. Yes they are fine and they might be counted as a form of USCE but certainly a hands-on externship much better.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts